Maintenance & Security
The North Peace Cultural Centre is hiring a Maintenance and Security worker. This is a part-time position within the Centre and includes evenings and weekends. The Maintenance and Security worker will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. It is the responsibility of the Maintenance and Security worker to maintain the health and security of the building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
the Employee is responsible to
- Maintain the highest possible level of building cleanliness.
- Adhere to and implement maintenance, janitorial, and security tasks.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality where the NPCC undertakings and information is concerned.
- Exercise good judgment where security measures are required.
- Perform and expedite all daily duties as outlined by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Prioritize long term tasks to ensure completion
- Keep accurate and up to date maintenance logs.
- Communicate staff and customer concerns to the appropriate personal or supervisor.
- Being familiar with and adhering to all NPCC policies.
- The duties may require driving, some heavy lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, sitting, and extended periods of time spent standing, operating cleaning equipment and machinery.
Wage: $17.07 per hour as per collective agreement
Please send resume and cover letter to Hardik Patel, Maintenance Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in the Box Office at the North Peace Cultural Centre M-F 9am-5pm.